Monday, October 25, 2010

Blood, sweat, and tears….

Well this has been a while, I have neglected this for a long time only because I feel like I have no time for anything anymore. I wake up at 6:05 shower, go to work…..get home at 5:30-45 then eat something then go to bed around 9. You might want to go ahead and say it now that I am a gramps, but if you have known me at all or consider yourself my friend then you know that I have been a gramps for about 5 years now. I actually enjoy being the grampa, not sure why though. I have fun yes, but I have missed out on a lot of fun. I went out and got a big boy job and become even more of a bore when I worked at the farmers market. I do feel like I have neglected a lot of my friends that have stuck with me for a long time and that live 5 minutes away from me. I am admitting this now because someone can hold me accountable and call me out because knowing me I will fail horribly.

But this has been an interesting to say the least past two months, it has been a different experience for me, being on my own really for the first time. Right now however I am flying above Arkansas heading home from a great guy trip to Napa Valley. I have actually made the decision to move out here, and look for a winery that needs a good numbers guy. If not, they got banks out in Cali…..maybe its time for a change. Even though I thought I wanted to be in Birmingham in the long run, right now I would enjoy living on my own with a few friends an hour away. This is a huge milestone for me admitting I want to get away from my home. I love my family and my friends but its time for something new. Now me saying this doesn’t mean that I am packing up and leaving in a week. This is a process, it will be a long process a matter of fact. We will see what will actually happen to this dream, I don’t want to fall flat on my face on this one.

You stay classy
-cal

1 comment: