Sunday, September 25, 2011

What I know

I know that I haven't written anything in almost a year, I know that. I know that Bama's defense is nasty because we have swag. I also know that I love what I do. If you know me, then you know that I hate speaking in front of large groups, let alone a small group. This is what I do on a daily basis now, I ask people/companies in Birmingham and the surrounding area to give to the United Way of Central Alabama. I know that the economic climate we are in does not make it easy to give back to someone who will never be able to shake your hand or even say thank you. The generosity of this city and the businesses within the city amaze me even more each day, if you hear my speech then you know all of this but it is true. No one has to give anything, but they do, they understand the need for the United Way in our community. Over 80 agencies in our area need the United Way to operate. Take a look at the agencies one day at uwca.org, and see who the agencies are, and if you cannot tell me that either you or a family member or a close friend that has been touched by one of the agencies under the umbrella. Whether it is Children's Hospital, Gateway, American Cancer Society, Amelia Center, Workshops, Fellowship House, Success By 6, Imagination Library, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and I could go on and on and on. I believe in the United Way, and I believe what they do is a good thing for our community, and I am truly blessed for the opportunity I have to work as a Loaned Executive through Regions. This is what I know....


-Cal H.

No comments:

Post a Comment