Wednesday, May 5, 2010

See How Far We Have Come

4 years, 4 freaking years I have spent in this town in Alabama. I have made some great choices and I have also made a few questionable. I do not however regret anything I have done in my 4 years at the University of Alabama. The girls have meant the world to me, they will be with me for the rest of my life and I know I can go to any of them if I need help, trust me I have done it a time or two already. The guys have done it all, they have played golf, gone drinking, and even made me attempt to water ski. Most of them will be in my wedding one day, if that ever happens. I am not sure what I am going to do without this network of friends being from NC to California, However Sparky is very content with EVERYONE moving to bham. I am ending my career at UA starting Thursday night with a midnight premier of Iron Man 2, waking up early (which doesn’t bother me as much as it probably should) to eat breakfast with all the seniors, a party at the Ocho, wait I mean Hills, then going to grab a few drinks with some of the people I have had class with all four years. So, there’s my schedule for the next two days……

Today I am saying my final goodbye to a dear friend of mine, Marion was the curator of the Gorgas House for the past 10 years and also the Advisor to the Jasons. He has been a mentor and friend to me for the past year. I could tell him anything and he would never pass judgment on you or anyone who is associated with me. He seemed to have his eye and ear in a lot of things going on around the University and it was just nice to sit and hear him rant on and on and even hear stories for the 10th time when he thinks you've never heard it before.

Stay Classy

-cal

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Are you really graduating? Wasn't I just feeding you in your high chair?! Time has flown by! Call me when you get settled!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for cal posting more! and being so sweet about his friends!! love you dear

    ReplyDelete