Thursday, September 3, 2009

Now we are back....

Hello one and all. I have not been neglecting you unlike Katie squared ha. Kidding of course, however I have been wanting to write for about a week now alas I just get either too lazy or find something else to occupy my time. Past two weeks have had some highs and lows. I turned 22 last week, yeh im an old book lets move past that. Alabama Football is in t-minus 2 days, Praise God. Life will actually matter starting tonight with the start of college football. But more on that later. I got a new phone and on the same day Tuscaloosa got 3G so its been nice to use that, nerdy i know. My friends and family are wonderful, I could not ask for a better group to surround myself with. I did not really understand how awesome they are until I was another group of people this past weekend and I just saw so much hatred and bitterness between the group it actually mad me sad for all of them, I am not even in the main group of their friends and I felt like a horrible person being around them. Those are just the highlights, this weekend = Atlanta and now I will move into the new segment of the blog, College Student on College Football.

So this weekend starts the greatest time of the year, college football. The time of year when only saturdays mean anything in the south and where families will turn on each other for a day and attempt to earn bragging rights for a year. This week has a few headliner games, Oregon @ Boise State aka the color clash of 2009 (yellow jerseys vs the blue field) The winner will be whoever can see anything by the 4th quarter. I am picking Boise State in this game even though Oregon is looking for revenge but that blue field does something to you and Oregon will lose it in the 4th quarter. Oregon 20 Boise State 28

Next we have a intriguing matchup between the SEC and Big 12, Georgia @ Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State is coming off a loss to a very good Ole Miss team in their bowl game last January. Okla State has also loss players in the off season due to injury, however Georgia has more of a question on their offense, replacing Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno. Cox will be taking over at QB not sure how he will do in a hostile season opener. Moreno had 250 touches last year next to him King had only 60. I think their offensive woes will be the death of the Bulldogs this season so im saying Georgia 17 Okla State 31.

Now the marque game of the week has to be the two top ranked teams in the nation, Alabama vs VA Tech in the Georgia Dome for the Chik-fil-A Kickoff Classic. I am a little bias on this game only because im a senior at alabama if you didnt already know. Saying that I could write days on how Alabama is going to dominate this game (not like Clemson last year though). Tech has a veteran QB taking the snaps however he has no RB to give touches. They lost both of the RBs during the summer due to injuries. It will take more than a bullet to the arm to stop Alabama's Brandon Deaderick, he was shot late monday night and he was at practice (wearing a black non contact jersey). Julio Jones and Mark Ingram got re-instated by the NCAA last night for the questionable fishing trip last spring. I am going to say that even with a Rookie QB with Greg McElroy both offenses are taking a back seat and this game will be decided on Defense. So I think its going to be VA Tech 17 Alabama 24.

you stay classy

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i accidently commented under chris's gmail account. what i said was that i had no idea what the latter half of this blog post was talking about.

    ReplyDelete