Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh How Far We Have Come.

One year ago today I was rushing the heck out of guys fresh out of highschool looking for one of the best pledge classes for ATO. That turned out pretty bad, just look at Fall 08. That is one of at least three examples of what I thought would happen, which didnt. You think you know what you want in life, a wife, kids, successful job, graduate college (on time), grad school, etc but it never seems to live up to the expectations. In defense, in theory it makes perfect sensse, graduate college get a job find the girl of your dreams (if you havent already) get married and have kids. However, we do not live in a movie, its the real world (not the dumb show), nothing is easy and if it is, its probably to good to be true. I wish I could have the forthought of actually knowing what God has in store for me, but that would make things way too easy in the short run. It just makes so much sense now to know what will happen, what to do and what not to do. For example right at this moment I know what I want in life and what I want for this next year, will it happen, probably not but its the world that I have made and its hard to get it out of my head. I might do something tomorrow that goes completly against whats in my head and I might wake up monday and not skip a beat with things who knows. These past few days/hours have been eye opening to me, not for what I want in the long run but what I would like to see now. I could say I am going to change right here and right now, lets be honest thats not going to happen. Everytime I get my glasses out of the case I see a little sheet of paper, "Good things will come in due course of time". I believe that, but I lose faith in that. I worry that things will not work out like I hoped, things will not go as planned (my plan is crap anyway, God's is much better anyway). In the past year so many things have changed, the events have helped me for what is to come, there have been dissapointments, surprises, and some things not out of the ordinary. Like I have said before, If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. This last year of college is going to be by far the best yet. You stay classy....

-cal

No comments:

Post a Comment