Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All Reds......Im going to get my car washed

So, I am going to start this post on a somber note. If you wish just to get to the happy section please skip over. The man who taught me how to play poker, shoot a gun, showed me the greatness which is the Price is Right, and showed me how to take apart a telephone and attempt to put it back together is gone. My last living grandparent passed away earlier this week, he was a great man and just knew it was his time. He has had complications with his liver for the past few months and while at the nursing home doing physical therapy to regain some strength he broke down and requested that he go home so he can pass in peace. So a week after he decided to do that he went peacefully. I am sad, however its something that I have prepared for since early January so when my mom told me on Monday I wasn't as much sad as I was happy that he isn't in pain anymore and hes with Teal.

Okay, no more sadness...Happy Time, because I know thats what he would want.

On Saturday I embark with a few of my best friends to Colorado.....in a car. Yeh I know 24 hours in a car with 6 other people. That has all the ingredients to be an epic journey. I am personally really excited about this trip, because we are (most of us anyway) are graduating in May and will be gong our separete ways which makes me kind of sad because I do not think im ready to leave this place. However there is a time for everything and its just my time to leave ttown, anyone know anyone whos hiring Finance majors?

So I have thought long and hard about my clip of the post, and I have decided on two! Yes, you lucky viewers get two mindless times of enjoyment. Enjoy





FYI its 177 days until ALABAMA FOOTBALL

you stay classy

2 comments:

  1. we are sad about daddy bob :( He will be missed!

    Enjoy your trip and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a sweet post about your grandfather. also, love the ocean's 11 reference and love "i'm on a horse."

    ReplyDelete